When to attend Minor Injuries

For injuries or illnesses that are urgent but not life threatening you can use an Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC), Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) or a First Aid Unit (FAU). It is best to contact NHS 111 online or by calling 111 first to book an appointment at the nearest service to you.

The NHS website provides an overview of the conditions these services can treat.


Urgent Treatment Centre, High Wycombe – walk in or use NHS 111 to receive a booked arrival time. Open 8am to 8pm every day.

Minor Injury Units – What we can treat and frequently asked questions

Our Minor Injury Units (MIUs) offer advice and treatment for a variety of injuries including; cuts, grazes, wounds, sprains, minor eye injuries, strains and minor burns.

If you have an injury and you’re unsure where to go for help, it’s best to contact NHS111 for advice. If needed, they can make you an appointment to attend one of our minor injury units for treatment.

If you have a query that isn’t covered on this webpage, please contact NHS111 for advice. In most cases advice is available via the NHS111 online service – 111.nhs.uk. You may need to phone 111 to; 

  • discuss complex medical problems
  • discuss worries about a long-term condition
  • get end-of-life care, or report a death
  • report child protection or vulnerable adult concerns
How would you rate your experience?
Do you have any additional comment?
Enter your email if you'd like us to contact you regarding with your feedback.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!