Ask First is our online communication/appointment request tool.
Use Ask First to request appointments, extensions of sick notes, to submit travel forms, to book NHS Health Checks or to update your contact details. It should also be used to request updates on referrals, or to refer yourself to our social prescribing team. We are working on making it possible for patients to book their annual reviews with our nurses directly through this app.
Downloading the application
Download the app from the App Store or via our link on our home page.
The Ask First app has no age restrictions, so babies and children should have their own accounts set up in their own names, with their own email addresses.
Each AskFirst account must be in a patient’s unique name and needs a unique email address associated with it
If you are having trouble accessing the menu page within Ask First, this is because the details you used to create the account do not match exactly the ones from the NHS system. In this case, please email the Ask First Helpdesk on [email protected]
Requesting an Appointment: Step-by-Step Guide
Once you have created an account, go directly to ‘Book Urgent Appointment’, and follow these instructions:
- The first screen will confirm your request is not related to a medical emergency
- The second screen will ask whether your concern is a new or ongoing problem.
- If your query is related to an ongoing problem, your request will be directly logged with the practice, and we will contact you to arrange a call-back from a clinician.
- If your query is related to a new problem, you will be directed to the ‘Symptom Checker’. Enter your main symptom (i.e., hip pain, ear pain, mole concerns etc), follow the list of questions and, when the system informs you that there are call-back requests available, please CONFIRM you would like one scheduled.
Additional information that you need to provide us with:
- What you are hoping for from the consultation i.e., Advice, Medication, Referral etc.
- Your phone number to be used by the clinician for your call-back
Once submitted, just await a call from us, without the need for you to contact us.
A member of our Patient Liaison Team will be in touch with you on the day to arrange a suitable appointment, be that either over the telephone or face-to-face. Ask First offers a clinical triage service, so this appointment offered may be on the same day, within the week or within a two-week period, in line with your medical needs.
Please select the “General Enquiry” option for any other queries or communication with our surgery. We will respond within 5 working days.