Information for Patients

Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust – My Planned Care NHS

The overarching website provides links to wait times for all local trusts including Oxford and Frimley (Wexham).

Dial a Ride



Since April 2020, CDAR has been operating a free service during the pandemic for patients who have needed to attend medical appointments in hospitals, clinics and surgeries

This special service – with a majority of the referrals coming from GP practices – has been well used (including during the Covid vaccination programme) and has been greatly appreciated. It has been running continuously for 15 months, from April 2020 to end June 2021 with users well into the 100s. We mounted a vigorous fund raising campaign to cover the costs and so make it possible and we received timely support including from the Buckinghamshire Council Community Boards and from Heart of Bucks, to whom we are very grateful.

With the easing of the lockdown, which we all hope will soon continue further, CDAR will be running our regular, normal service, providing door to door, two way transport in our bespoke minibuses with our trained, caring drivers for those in the community with mobility problems.

We very much look forward to continuing to collaborate with you. Until end of June, the number to ring for help is 07923 591955. Thereafter, our regular landline 01494 766123 will be the number to contact us for our regular service. Please remember that least 3 days notice will be required to enable us to see if we can make arrangements. We may be in a position to help at shorter notice depending on availability.

UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) in Older Adults

Parenting Concerns

How do I know if I should worry?

It is common for young children to pick up lots of infections as they build up a strong immune system to protect them in adulthood. It can be very difficult to know what to do when your child appears unwell.

The “When Should I Worry” booklet can help you decide when to be worried and seek further help- please have a look:

If you are unsure whether your child needs a GP appointment, then just Dial 111 and ask.

Family Information & Support

Buckinghamshire County Council offer a service to families with children with lots of useful information about parenting and caring for a family.

They have a “Parent Zone” offering advice about Childrens Centres and Childcare, and all aspects of family life and support for children of all ages.

You can access their website by clicking here: Bucks Family Information Service

Parenting Support

For information about supporting you in your role as a parent Barnardos can offer advice and information

For more information from Barnardos – you can go to their website here

Home Start

Home-Start’s informal and friendly support for families with young children provides a lifeline to thousands of parents and children in over 300 communities across the UK and with forces families in Germany and Cyprus.

For more information of the local services they offer you can access their website here

Parent Carers

Buckinghamshire County Council have a service called Parent Carers to offer support for parents caring for children with physical or learning disabilities. You can access their webpage here

Support for ADHD and Autistic Spectrum

SPACE Support (Chesham), a South Bucks support group for parents and carers of children with ADHD, Autistic Spectrum Disorder & Challenging Behaviour.

You can contact Space via their website here

Fire Safety Assessment

You can arrange a fire and wellness visit for yourself, someone you care for or anyone locally via the brilliant team at the Buckingham and Milton Keynes Fire Authority.

For more information please visit their website:

Have you or someone you care for suffered a stroke?

The Amersham stroke Club is here to help.

This link will take you to their page on the Stroke.Org website for more information.

Amersham Stroke Support Group

Information about Dementia

We are proud to announce that we are working towards being a Dementia Friendly organisation

Across the UK 0.6% of our population have dementia. The impact of this condition is not limited to the person diagnosed, but also effects their families and their carers. We understand that it is difficult to ask for help but please speak to your GP and look at the following local organisations for help, support and advice.

Dementia Support Services / Groups and Activites in Buckinghamshire

Dementia Support Service


The charity that has arisen from the merger of Age Concern and Help the Aged. Services include advocacy, befriending, phone-a-friend, rural day care, handy person, neat feet, clean up, computer lessons, therapeutic massage, help in moving house, gardening. They have numerous guides covering a wide range of subjects at the following web-site: and locally email [email protected]

Alzheimer’s Society

There for people affected by all types of dementia. It is a useful central point for many resources, financial advice, ideas and support

Contact the local branch at: [email protected]

Talking Point

An online support and discussion forum run by the Alzheimers society for anyone affected by dementia. It’s a place to ask for advice, share information, join in discussions and feel supported

Sitting Service – St Johns Ambulance

Buckinghamshire St John Ambulance

Variety of services including equipment loans and ambulance transport to nursing homes and hospitals. May be able to offer advice on moving and handling to carers in their own homes.

Buckinghamshire St John Ambulance, Telephone: 01296 744360/0844 770 4800

There is also a Sitting Service – trained sitters provide short periods of respite care in the home to allow carers to have a break.

Telephone: 01494 689955 / 01494 689955


We’re working for a world where hearing loss doesn’t limit or label people, where tinnitus is silenced and where people value and look after their hearing

Tel: 01296 479970

The Bladder and Bowel Foundation

B&BF is a UK wide charity that provides information and advice on a range of symptoms and conditions related to the bladder and bowel. Nurse helpline: 0845 345 0165

Benefits and rebates


With the mental health impairment exemption, you may be able to obtain a discount from council tax;

Also, you may be able to qualify for your council tax band to be reduced by one if, for example, you have had to convert a living room into a bedroom. Information on this is available at the following link:…ns/DG_10026451.

Carers grant scheme and respite care

Subject to income assessment, available from social services/council as is capital grant towards house modifications.

Healthy Start Vouchers

Don’t miss out on Healthy Start Vouchers – to qualify you must be at least 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under four years old.

Healthy Start Vouchers

Better Housing, Better Health

The Better Housing Better Health Energy Voucher Scheme is live and open for partners to refer residents who need help the most. They have an allocation of £49.00 fuel vouchers available to residents on prepayment meters to help towards the cost.

Please see below for their newsletter with more details:

Better Housing, Better Health Newsletter

Social Services Carer assessments

All carers are entitled to (and should) request a Carer assessment in their own right from social services.

How would you rate your experience?
Do you have any additional comment?
Enter your email if you'd like us to contact you regarding with your feedback.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!